Friday, June 17, 2011

Soap & Glory "CLEAN ON ME" Clarifying Shower Gel

In an earlier post I spoke about my trip to Sephora and I came away with some goodies that day which I will be sharing with you. One of these is this jumbo jewel from Soap and Glory. I love the brand for their retro styled packaging and 50's vibe.

I had purchased a few items from this brand when I was at a Boots drugstore in Bangkok some time back and was excited to see them again at Sephora! So, in a nostalgic mood, I picked this up - oh the drama my dear readers!! I literally swooned and needed to hold on to something when I opened a bottle and got a whiff of this. I am indeed a sucker for sweet smells. That alone sold me on the product! Not a very conscientious shopper at all that day,I know... But the fragrance was so lovely and works like a little pick me up during shower time. This shower gel contains extracts of mandarin peel and I belive that this is the ingredient that provided that fresh factor. The smell reminds me of perfumes from Annick Goutal and I belive the notes do have some layers of similar scents - very feminine indeed. I like that the scent lingers for a very long time - I do not put on any other perfume when I shower with this gel in the mornings. 

The price was the next thing I looked at and I must say that it was affordable seeing that I paid  a fair price of RM29.90 for a 500ml bottle - this will probably last me at least 4 to 5 months, I am sure. Also, the shower gel comes jam packed with body lotion which leaves you without the need to add another step of moisturizing to your bath routine. For this reason, my skin does not feel parched and in need of additional moisturizing when I step out of the shower. The body lotion in this does not leave a greasy film on the body which is great and nothing beats soft skin after a good shower.


Bath time also becomes so much fun when you read the quirky quotes on the side of the bottle....this one says "Cleanliness is Essential when Godliness is Improbable"! So very cute, is it not? The addition of 50's style photo's is very cool, and adds to the retro-ness of the packaging. Its a straightforward,  big bottle with a pump which dispenses enough with a few pumps. You can either pump this on to your palms and work up a lather or go for it straight on to your sponge and work from there. There is no spillage or wastage and fiddling with covers in the morning, which is quite essential for the girl on the go.

  
For me, the only downside to this bottle of delight is the stuff that goes into the making of it. It does contain parabens, so for the purists and those who have gone totally natural and organic, please turn your eyes now coz its gonna get nastay!

So, dear readers, have you been for a quick look see at Sephora yet? Their second outlet at KLCC has recently opened too, and if you are in the area, why not pop by?

No comments: