Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Body Shop's Merry Cranberry Lip Balm



I purchased this for RM22, a day before Christmas. I was at the mall picking up some last minute gifts for family and friends. I tell you! I plan ahead to get all my shopping done waaay before Chirstmas but fail. Will I ever learn?!

This lip balm attracted me for several reasons:-

  1. The container is a lovely shade of deep red


  2. The lip balm is a lovely shade of deep red

I love red - well most shades of it anyway.

The fruity sweet smell of this thing is out of this world and all this month, I have been getting a little high on smelling it only because it reminds me of last Christmas.




As you can see, I have been dipping my little fingers into this one. I tend to use this towards the later part of the afternoon when my lippie has faded post lunch. I sometimes cannot be bothered to take out my liner and lipstick and find a mirror to get applying it all right. So I have been using this to keep my lips moist with a little pop of color.

You may not be able to see it in the picture above but this lip balm has a slight shimmer to it which is a huge plus in my book. Also, I can wing it and apply it without a mirror and still look like I have done a decent job.

On the flipside, I am not too keen on using my fingers to pick this up for hygiene reasons. Once is never enough and you need to use your fingers twice for every application - or maybe I have giant lips and need more of the product......

Did you pick up any make-up goodies over the Christmas period, dear readers?

2 comments:

pugnes said...

Great to read about the lip balm. I love the smell of Body Shop's lip balms because of the natural smells and we can smell the flavor during the time we wearing it. Yummy fruits smell!! Hope i can try the cranberry lap balm soon :)

JackieA said...

Yes, the fruity smell is heavenly. The other lip balm is Black Velvet Apricot - liked the name but not the smell.....