Monday, May 17, 2010

Review: Maybelline 2-In-1 Impact Shadow Liner - Great Drugstore Find!


Readers, have you set your eyes on these yet? I found them whilst restocking on some drugstore essentials yesterday and my have I hit the jackpot for those on a budget!

These are Maybelline's 2-In-1 shadow and liner from the Eyestudio line - and you do know how I love, love, love items that double up.

For RM13.88 (there was a sale going on) you get these pens that apply so very smoothly on your lids. Very important for ladies who are concerned about those horribly dry liners that pull and tug at your lids. These are surprisingly creamy. Upon swatching the tester pens I was sold when it applied super smoothly. So I purchased three colors - (from left to right in the picture below) Forest Green, Ocean Blue and Bordeaux. Forest Green and Bordeaux are shimmery and Ocean Blue is matte.  



There are two ways you can use this - firstly, you can smooth the color all over your lids like an eyeshadow and perhaps smudge immediately for a lovely wash of color or you could use this as a liner to define eyes.

This product promises to be waterproof and hence stays on without smudging the whole day. I wore this on my lid and did some cooking and sweating(!) all at once and after 5 hours, the one eyelid I applied the color on, still had a bright pop of color and looked as fresh as when I first applied it! So a big thumbs up here.

It also contains several moisturising ingredients, including jojoba oil, vitamin E and cottonseed oil. What more could we ask for eh, readers?

I give this two thumbs up for how creamy it is as well as the price. It's unbeatable! If you want more than the three colors featured here, the Shadow Liner comes in a range of colors which are - Black, White Pearl, Chocolate and Dark Purple. So what are you waiting for?



1 comment:

P.Pugnes said...

Sounds cool..Should try out then!!! :)