Friday, June 18, 2010

EcoTools Brushes


I am so happy to be part of this earth friendly movement! I spotted these beauties in Shins and though their collection of brushes were extremely limited, I still managed to get two brushes which I had been wanting to add to my arsenal namely the Eye Shading Brush (1203) and the Retractable Kabuki Brush (1214).

The 1203, has wide synthetic taklon bristles and the ferrule is made from recycled aluminum.

The 1214 on the other hand, is also made from synthetic taklon bristles and I am going to use it to pick up loose or pressed powder to set my makeup. Its retractable case is made from recycled aluminum which is great to know.

My first impression of these brushes were how soft the bristles are and I am happy that I finally have a kabuki that is super soft! The other kabuki that I am using is a Smashbox one and it is a little too scratchy for this missy's face!

I note with glee that the packaging these brushes came in are reusable and at this point, for the life of me, I cannot think of what I would re-use them for....so my dear readers, if you have any ideas, please share them with me.

Shins was an exciting shop to walk through and since I was unable to fully explore it, I am determined to go again. If you click on the link to Shins, you will be able to purchase their products online but not all products found in the shop are found online though.

1 comment:

PRIMERICA FREEDOM FIGHTERS said...

Happy Lady Bloggers Tea Party! Earth Friendly - YAY! It's neat to know we can do a little bit every day with every item we use! This blog is great, I'm looking forward to reading more!