Monday, June 21, 2010

Jordana "Glitterama" Eye Liners

Jordana is a US drugstore brand and although I believe way back in the late nineties, it was sold in Bukit Bintang Plaza, I have only recently stumbled upon it at Shins. I saw a few products in this line and I picked up the Glitterama Eyeliner Pencils for their attractive colors and great price!

What attracted me to these pencils were the cute colors namely the  purple and turquoise and the glitter. The eyeliner pencils came in a packet of 5 for the price of RM29.90 which is super cheap.I mean who wants a plain ol' eyeliner when you can make your eyes pop with glitter around them!!

On a more serious note though, I was curious to take this for a test drive to see if :-
  • the pencil is soft
  • the glitter would show up after application
Here is a swatch of all 5 colors. They are Midnight Celebration, Purple Party, Turquoise Jamboree, Bronze Fest and Black Bash. Not the most creative of names, I must say but that did not put me off buying it though!


On their website, Jordana glitterama is pitched as being "glamorous, glitzy, daring and edgy". They also claim that the "sparkling micro-glitter adds shimmer" and the color promises to be "super intense and creamy". However, I beg to differ.

The pencil was not soft and creamy. I think what made it difficult to apply were the micro-glitter which had a tendency to scratch the lids. The pencils pulled on my lids and did not apply as intensely as I wished it would. This is especially so for Bronze Fest and Black Bash which was a total disappointment in terms of intensity.

You can see from the swatches that the glitter is minimal and not at all that intense which can be a good or bad thing. If the glitter was really intense, then these pencils would be great to use to a party or for a night out. But seeing that it is not that 'in your face' these pencils are suitable to be worn to create a day look without looking too overdone in my opinion.

I wore Black Bash to the office and the glitter was not so noticable - I had drawn a thin line on my top lids that day. Perhaps it would have been more noticable if the line had been thicker. That remains to be seen and perhaps I will swatch these on my eyelids soon to give you a feel of what it looks like that way.

Overall, I am not that enthusiastic about these pencils and I may use it occassionally perhaps but for now, I will stick with what I am using.

No comments: