Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spotted! The Hayan Korean Beauty Masks

I was at Wisma Cosway yesterday having lunch and to walk off some of what I had eaten, I decided to walk around a bit and stumbled upon this little booth selling Beauty Masks under the brand called The Hayan. Pricewise, they are about 5 ringgits each.

The Hayan, according to their website here means "best beauty products for women that dreams of longing for white and fresh skin". I must say that I am not longing for white skin.....I am brown and I do like it that way but who does not want fresh skin eh, dear readers?

The lady manning the booth called "Park" (she and about 6 million other Koreans are called Park right!), could not speak very much English but she managed to tell me that they are having a BOGOF (Buy One Get One Free) promo going on and so I picked up two masks and got two free. She was kind enough to help me pick her bestsellers.

Here is what I got:-

  • Arbutin is extracted from bearberry plant and is said to prevent the formation of melanin, therefore used as a skin-lightening agent. Arbutin can also be found in wheat and in pear skins.

  • Artemisia are shrubs such as mugwort and sagebrush. It is said to have antibacterial properties. 

  • Pearls copntain a unique combination of natural substances and minerals exist which, when applied topically, keep the skin smooth, soft and supple.


  • Pomegranate extracts help to smooth rough skin and lighten skin pores.

  • I was particularly attracted to this product which is a mask specifically targeted for hands. You put it on and put on a pair of gloves to allow the goodness of the essence to seep into your hands and wait for half an hour for the magic to happen. I am excited about seeing what this can do.

Last of all, Ms Park threw this BB cream into my bag as a parting gift. Sweet!
I will try these masks and let you know how I feel about them in the near future!

No comments: