Friday, March 12, 2010

Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner


My mother was an Avon lady in the 80's! She was a teacher in a primary school and some of her friends persuaded her to do this business and it is the only "business" she has ever done!

So you see, my introduction to the world of makeup began at a very young age indeed. My mother never went out of our home without putting on her makeup and I must say that when she was young, she was quite a looker (still is, if I may add).

Every so often, she would get a big box of cosmetics sent to her by the Avon man (that's what we called the delivery guy). And we would eagerly dig into the box to see what the products our friends and neighbours had ordered looked like. Mum would be issuing warnings after warnings to be careful not to open or spoil the boxes which fell on deaf ears of course.....It was the smell of new cosmetics and perfumes that was so wonderful and I believe it was this that got me hooked on makeup.

It must be said that the Avon products of the 80's has changed dramatically from the quality of the products now. Sadly, it is my opinion that the quality has dropped to that of the 80's when I think it was manufactured in the US and imported and sent to the doorsteps of many a Malaysian woman.

There is one product which I still use and think is the best in the market - their underarm deodorant. I have tried many other brands and I always end up with moist underarms at the end of the day. With the Avon deodorant, my underarms always remain dry and comfy! It must contain a helluva lot of chemicals to get that eh! Oh well, thats another story altogether.

Another product that I purchased recently was its Ultra Luxury Eye Liner. When I was younger, I loved to line my eyes and taper it out at the end for a cat eye look! I still do but I now find that I can achieve this look better with a liquid eyeliner.

I purchased this eyeliner in black one day and I think it is fairly decent. It is soft and I am able to apply it without pulling at my lids and I love how it is a deep and dark black. Also, it cost slightly less than RM10 during a promotion.



This is what it looks like on my lids.


Although Avon is not as as famous as it used to be back in the day, I still think there are several gems in there that are worth looking at!

3 comments:

PB said...

That looks amazingly smooth on your lids! I've never tried anything by Avon actually LOL... RM10 for an eye pencil sounds like an excellent steal :)

Unknown said...

I sold Avon back in the 80s too! I have 3 Mrs. Albee statuettes that I won for high sales. (Mrs. Albee was the first Avon lady). And I still like their deodorant.

P.Pugnes said...

I like Avon's eyeliner because of the dark color and for a very smooth application. I even tried blue eyeliner from Avon's and i think it goes well. I like it too.