Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer - Yay or Nay!

My first primer is this one by Revlon. I admit I was persuaded by a very flawless looking Jessica Alba to buy this. She made me do it!

I have had this for months and have only used it a couple of times. I used way too much of this product the first time, in my pursuit to achieve Jessica's smooth skin. The second time, I used much less.

This is a clear gel primer with silicone as the agent that provides smoothness as silicone sits on the lines and pores of your face. It is also advertised as having a clean fresh fragrance that is supposed to refresh the senses. 

Unfortunately, I did not like much about this primer, which is sad really as I had such high hopes. The feel of the silicone primer was something that I was not really used to and when I applied it on to my face, it felt like it was sitting there and my skin could not breathe - you know the feeling right? But then again, thats what it is supposed to do, sit on your face!

Thankfully though, I did not suffer any breakouts. If you have oily skin prone to breakouts, then you might want to approach this with caution.

To my horror also, my t-zone became an oily battlefield within 3 hours of using it which is not good because I work long hours and most times am too busy to be bothered with blotting every few hours. Sad to say, my make-up faded really quickly.

As for creating a smooth canvas by covering pores and fine lines, I did not see that happening. Another thing that I did not like was the fragrance which the product claims will refresh the senses.

Here is a list of the ingredients, which I must say was not contained on the product itself. 

Trisiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Aqua ((Water) Eau), Glycerin, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Silica Silylate, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol.

Perhaps one tiny plus point is that it contains Pyrus Malus or apple fruit extract which is an anti-oxidant and aids in toning and exfoliating the skin.

At RM55, I will not repurchase this product again and it gets a big Nay from me.

Have you, dear reader, had a better experience with this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Lady Bloggers!

I have oily skin as well, and I generally don't bother with primers -- a waste of money, if you ask me. I carry blotting papers with me instead and use oil-free makeup specifically for oily skin!

JackieA said...

Deconstruction,
Hello and thank you very much for stopping by. I think the Lady Bloggers are awesome!