Thursday, March 11, 2010

Uptown Visions - Blusher in Bordeaux

I am pleased as a peach with this blush in Bordeaux from Uptown Visions!

Admittedly, I was a little apprehensive at the product value I would be getting for RM4. That was unfounded.

I picked this color which I almost mistook for a dark creme foundation until the light hit it and I realised that it was indeed a blush albeit on the darker side. Do remember that Uptown Visions is targeted at women with olive to dusky and darker skintones on which deeper colors really pop.

For starters, the pan of blush is quite big. It is also very color intense and is a good payoff in terms of value for money.













As you can see from the swatches, it is a deep brownish red and will look great on darker skin. My mistake the first day I used it was to use an angled blush brush to pick up the powder. I ended up with too much color on my cheeks because the product itself is highly pigmented. I am used to wearing lighter pinks and peaches as opposed to such an intense color. However, I decided to perservere and use a fan brush instead the next day. This proved to be better because for one, the color is lighter and it looks more natural on me that way.

This will be really appropriate for evening make-up when you want something that is more intense and will pop in the softer lights. I see this going with gold shadows on the lids and heavier liner as opposed to a day or office make up. I will still work this into my day make up as it lifts my face and gives it a wonderful flushed look. I tend to look sallow when my blusher fades a little at the end of the day because of my yellow undertones and this color helps to counter the yellow-ness.

Another use for a darker blush like this is for shading - this is to create shadows and bring out your cheekbones. One way to use this would be to sweep the blush below the apples of your cheeks, from the hairline near your earlobe towards the corners of your lips very sparingly. Then add a lighter blush on the apples of your cheeks past the lower corners of your eyes towards the hairline. The two colors need to be blended well until the two stripes of color are seamless.

If you have dusky skin, please think of giving Uptown Visions blusher in Bordeaux a go.

2 comments:

P.Pugnes said...

The color looks great and i also think that it might go well in dusky skin. Maybe i should get one to try out and not guessing anymore. A tutorial video will give a better view of the picture of "way to use" as you suggested.

JackieA said...

Thank you for that feedback, I thought about adding a picture to illustrate.