Thursday, April 22, 2010

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish SPF 15 Foundation

I had not visited M.A.C in a long time and since I was within two feet of one recently I decided to pop in for a look see.

I came away with a bottle of their Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation in NC42. Not my usual color though - in the normal foundation range, I'm an NC45. The reason for this choice of color will be explained shortly.

This foundation is lush, and light and has some light reflecting particles in it that make your skin look fresh. I got the SA to apply some on the back of my hand and when I looked at the swatch, it had a subtle glow to it which got me hooked. I am all for the glow sistah's!

The SA offered to try NC42 on my face so I can see the overall effect however, I did not like what I saw and was overwhelmed by how the color was too light for me. I kept insisting that I was an NC45 and she agreed. She explained that this mineral foundation oxidizes on the face and after about half and hour the color would suit me better. The look I gave her suggested I was not totally buying into it and for the first time, I felt she cared more about my satisfaction than just making a sale.....yes beauties, she told me to continue shopping and come back in 45 minutes! I took her offer and went to drool over some Charles and Keith before I realized that my foundation had turned to a perfect shade of me! Love!

I marched right back and bought it - the rest as they say is history!

I am rockin' this right now because it just gives my face a brighness and glow that I love. The foundation is light and buildable too. One thing to note though, is that this foundation is not suitable for those  who have oily skin as this has the potential of turning into an oil slick by noon. With my combination skin, I do get that oily feel around my nose, but I pat a tissue over the area and the problem is solved. I also totally like that it comes in a pump bottle unlike Studio Fix and the fact that it has an SPF of 15 makes it a winner!

I currently am wearing this over my Smashbox Photofinish Primer and now THEY have become the best of friends....  

No comments: