Monday, April 19, 2010

Smashbox Photofinish Primer is Da Bomb!

Everyone needs a best friend. This primer has become mine.

I must admit that the many reviews online got me lemming this primer for a long time. I was not disappointed and I believe I have joined the thousands or probably millions of women out there who think this is a great product.

My first taste of a primer came in the form of Revlon's Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer. This did not work for me because it felt heavy and just sat on my face. It did not do what I expected it to do which is give me a smoother complexion. My skin was also unable to 'breathe' the whole time I had it on and it was just not right for me!

I purchased the oil-free Smashbox primer because of my oily t-zone and with combination skin like mine, an oil-free product is always welcomed into my make-up family with open arms!

Start by applying your moisturizer and give it a minute to absorb into your skin. Then take a small amount of the primer....a half pump to start with. Smooth all over the face and you are ready to go on to the next steps of your routine.
I am so happy with this primer. I have noticed a considerable difference in many ways:-
  • my face looks smoother
  • my make-up stays put and looks fresh even towards the end of the day
  • the primer has done wonders for the area under my eyes with fine lines. Prior to using this primer, my concealer used to settle happily into my lines and create horrible looking creases that made me look old and haggard. With the primer sparingly applied under my eyes, my concealer does not settle with a vengeance into the creases. I still do get some concealer settling in the lines because I tend to sweat easily there but all I need to do is pat the area under my eyes with my finger to smooth out the concealer and it looks as fresh as when I applied it. 
  • the product is odorless as opposed to Revlon's primer which has an unpleasant smell.
  • this primer feels light.
  • I experienced no breakouts!
I am so pleased with this purchase and I forsee that it will be eternally part of my make-up arsenal. I love it.

No comments: